As we enter a new year, we hope to build on the previous one. We hope to go from strength to strength, from one success to another. However, for 2023 to be bigger and better than ever, we will have to stretch, practice courage, learn from past mistakes and process disappointments.
Here are our top 10 favourite quotes about growth. We hope they encourage you to dare to try, to step out of your comfort zone, and to see how you have grown in this past year.
1. “And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.”― Anais Nin
2. “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.”― Roy T. Bennett
3. “Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but - I hope - into a better shape.”― Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
4. “We are not trapped or locked up in these bones. No, no. We are free to change. And love changes us. And if we can love one another, we can break open the sky.”― Walter Mosley, Blue Light
5. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.”― C. JoyBell C.
6. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.”― Andy Rooney
7. “My destination is no longer a place, rather a new way of seeing.”― Marcel Proust
8. “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.”― John F. Kennedy
9. “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow.”― Thomas Paine
10. “When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow.”― Shauna Niequist
Check out our long list of meaningful word charms available in store and find the ones that resonate with your life.