Originally used as ‘a term of address among black people’, Soul Sister means ‘a black woman’. Slowly the term has been changed and used to describe ‘a woman whose thoughts, feelings and attitudes closely match those of another; a kindred spirit.’
Here at Sister & Soul we love hearing stories about friendship and believe there is nothing lovelier than women standing shoulder to shoulder, supporting each other. To celebrate sisterhood we want to share ten friendship quotes that describe what it means to have and be a Soul Sister. Why not send them to your bestie; a friend you dream of keeping forever.
1. ‘And then my soul saw you and it kind of went, ‘oh there you are! I’ve been looking for you.’
Soul Sisters feel like home...
2. ‘Soul Sisters keep us sane.’
When the world seems to be falling down around us, and it feels like there is trouble on all sides, Soul Sisters offer us a fresh perspective.
3. ‘Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you have to say. Soul Sisters listen to what you don’t say.’
Soul Sisters can read your facial expressions and interpret the silence.
4. ‘We are more than just friends. We are also accomplices and alibis.’
Soul Sisters keep each other's business and are loyal to a shared story.
5. ‘A Soul Sister is someone whose kind of crazy compliments yours.’
Soul Sisters have a similar sense of humour and sense of play.
6. ‘I found someone whom I can tell everything to without hesitation. Someone who lifts my spirit and loves the imperfection in me. Someone who will not hurt me intentionally and who will support me all the way.’
Soul Sisters can be trusted and always relied upon.
7. ‘What do you call it when two people have an intense shared history? When nothing can separate them? Soul Sisters.’
Soul Sisters have a proven track record of love and support.
8. ‘Souls Sisters are souls that understand each other.’
Soul Sisters are empathetic towards each other. They are kind, compassionate and always give each other the benefit of the doubt.
9. ‘Soul Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.’
No matter what race, age or background Soul Sisters feel like they come from the same stock. They have shared values, opinions and intentions.
Souls Sisters make life sweet and bring a sense of excitement into our lives.
10. ‘In the cookies of life, Soul Sisters are the chocolate chips.’
If you do not call anyone Soul Sister, and you fiercely desire one, we say, hang in there, she may be just around the corner, your best and dearest lifetime friendships could be in front of you. There is no rush, these kinds of friendships can not be forced, so wait in hope, keep looking up and loving like you do, and keep being wonderful, beautiful, kind and happy you.
If you have a Soul Sister, there is no doubt you are fortunate; we believe the quality of our relationships equals the quality of our lives. Cherish her, treasure her, spoil her, nurture the bond that you have, and know it is truly priceless. We have beautiful gift ideas for the women in your world.
Comments will be approved before showing up.